The Stillman Fire Protection District was formed in the late 1800s, and became a fire district in 1952. The Stillman Fire District covers over 62 square miles in Northern Illinois. The district staffs two ALS ambulances, 2 Engine companies, 2 tender companies, 2 brush trucks, and several support vehicles. Stillman Fire is a member of MABAS division 8 and 18. The district is staffed by dedicated volunteers, as well as a full time Fire Chief and part time administrative assistant. The District's ambulances are affiliated with UW Heath - Swedish American EMS System.